Welcome to web’source about best surveillance system reviews – buying guide for 2019
Table of Contents
- Welcome to web’source about best surveillance system reviews – buying guide for 2019
- Getting Started: Choosing Right the Best Surveillance System
- Best surveillance systems on the market in 2019
- Top 5 Best Video Surveillance System for Business
- 1) Lorex IP security camera system featuring twelve 4K motorized varifocal cameras and eight 2K cameras, 20 Color Night Vision Cameras
- 2) GW Security 5MP (2592x1920p) 24 Channel 1920P NVR Network PoE IP Security Camera System – HD 1920p 2.8~12mm Varifocal Zoom (14) Bullet and (6) Dome IP Camera – 5 Megapixel (3,000,000 more pixels than 1080P)
- 3) Zmodo 32 Channel Network NVR System 32 x HD Outdoor Surveillance Security Camera, Adjustable Night Vision, sPoE Repeater for Flexible Extension
- 4) GW Security 32 Channel H.265 4K NVR 5MP 1920p POE IP Camera System, (16) Bullet & (16) Dome Varifocal Zoom HD Security Camera – H.265 (Double recording data and enhance picture quality compared to H.264)
- 5) Lorex 4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 16 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Metal Cameras, 8 Optical 4x Zoom Cameras, 8 Audio Cameras, 250FT Night Vision
- Is It Important To Consider The Brand Or Company Before Buying A Security System?
- Different Types Of Security Cameras
- Question 1: How to install IP cameras for remote viewing?
- Question 2: Is it necessary to replace your present cameras to avail their system?
- Question 3: Can we get a demo?
- Question 4: What should we do to get the system installed? Is there any support needed?
- Question 5: What is the extra fee if you want longer recording or more cameras?
- Question 6: Should we need a hard drive with camera system?
- Question 7: What will happen to my recorded footage on the HDD?
- Question 8: Should we use IP system?
- Question 9: Can you tell me what an IR is?
- Question 10: Do the IRs from the cameras have any harmful effect on kids and other animals?
- Question 11: Could the camera be left unattended?
- Question 12: Can somebody view my cameras?
- Question 13: Why should we need the power supply for cameras?
- Question 14: Why can’t we have audio when reviewing our camera footages?
- Question 15: Should we purchase a pre-made camera system or the separate items?
Trying to find the best surveillance system You’ve come to the right area. At www.SecurityCameraOnline.net, we possess spent hundreds of hours diagnostic tests and researching just to determine the answer for you. Providing safety measures to your property, whether it is office or home as well as is an important portfolio, as a result, people always put their finest effort to fit the best video surveillance system to solve their surveillance security problems.
While selecting the best surveillance system for home or business, it is important to think about where the system has to be installed, how many cameras you need, and why you require the camera system. It is not a simple job, and you have to be sure about your needs. Take a look at some important questions you need to ask on how to choose right a Best Surveillance Systems.
Do You Require More Than 1 Camera Security System?
If you choose one or more cameras, surveillance solution hinges on the layout and size of your property. If you want to know what is happening outside your property or any rooms in your home, you will require more than 1 camera security system. You have to make sure that the cameras are focused on the key areas you are monitoring.
For Apartments: 1 – 3 camera
- Catch Thieves/Vandals
- Protect Families
- Deter Robbery
- Monitor apartment building activity
- Ensure peace of mind to renters
- Any Suspicious Activity
- Monitor Activity from anywhere!
For Home: 4 – 8 camera
- Protect Families
- Deter Robbery
- Monitor Activity from anywhere!
For Small Business: 8 – 16 camera
- First, it helps keep all employees and customers honest. When people know they’re being watched with security cameras thefts are far less likely. Criminals want to pick the easiest target possible.
- A video security surveillance system lets you view the shopping patterns of your customers. This can help you understand where to place merchandise for best results.
- Having security cameras at your registers can help solve any disputes. No more fights about the bill denomination used to pay or the change returned. If you have ever worked in retail before, you know how much of a headache these customers can be.
- See if any employee is entering incorrect amounts into the register. Prevent employee thefts.
For Business: 16 – 32 camera or more
- You have 24-hour video footage of the warehouse or any storage area. This might pay big dividends if you have ever experienced inventory shrinkage.
- In the event of a break-in, you can provide the authorities with a recorded video of the event. This will improve their chances of solving the crime. This makes it easier to report to insurance too.
- A full security surveillance camera system for your business provides recorded video of any on-site accidents. Footage of the accident can help determine if the accident was legitimate. Prevent intentional “accidents” attempting to get a cash settlement for injuries.
Are You Using The Cameras Outdoors Or Indoors?
Indoor cameras are usually smaller, lighter and less visible than outdoor cameras. The outdoor cameras are generally more expensive than indoor ones because they are built to endure not only weather elements but attacks from intruders, vandals, and thieves. A lot of today’s high-value security cameras are designed for outdoor and indoor use.
Is There A Need For Weatherproof Cameras?
If you need to use your outdoor surveillance system, it is a good idea to buy cameras that can withstand any weather element.
Most office compounds and businesses are well lit at night compared to homes which are usually not well lit. If an area is dimly lit, the more likely thieves are going to target it. You have to purchase an infrared camera to protect areas with poor lighting. Infrared cameras are also known as night vision cameras. They can shoot and record in total darkness, and they are vital tools in many surveillance areas.
How Can Far Or Wide Angle The Security Cameras Cover?
It depends on the lens size of the camera. So before purchasing a security surveillance camera, you ought to see the lens size and focal length the lens will cover. Larger image sensors let a lot of light into a picture and give you a wider and better view of the picture. For instance, a sharper lens can see almost the entire room if you place it in a corner while other lenses just give you a viewing angle of a partial side.
What Degree Of Recording Resolution Do You Require?
It is a question well known when it comes to surveillance systems. It is estimated that 720p or 1080p is usually enough for an indoor surveillance system to monitor a single area. If you want to use it for a longer distance, it is recommended to choose a higher resolution camera to offer you satisfactory image quality. Currently 4k is the highest.
How Easy Is It To Set Up Remote Viewing?
Each system has a unique way of letting the clients watch the videos the system provides. You should read through your instruction manuals for details. You can use apps that some systems provide for easy viewing on your computer or phone. You only require a high-speed internet connection.
Getting Started: Choosing Right the Best Surveillance System
Would not be tempted to waste money on a super high-end security surveillance system that is more than you really need. You can upgrade your system should you want. Additional cameras can be added onto virtually any pre-existing home security package. Spend wisely, as well as decide the features that will maintain your property, and the people who call up it home, safe.
Best surveillance systems on the market in 2019
During your search for a security camera system, it may be easier if you begin with all of the best ones that provide an individual all of the specifics to help you make your best choice for your needs. Below are the best video surveillance systems, and what makes me are recommended buying all of them. But surveillance systems arrive in various styles with a great abundance of features, which feels too much to pick the right one.
This today post is about the best surveillance systems on the current market. We divided them into four main groups based on their specific purpose of use: for apartments, for homes, for small businesses and for major businesses. Now let’s check them out!
Top 5 Best Video Surveillance System for Business
SAVE 15% used code
- 4K video recording: At 30fps for each channel out of 16 built-in ports that can provide the video and power only on one Ethernet cable.
- Motion detection: Works automatically once it’s matched with the IP cameras in the entire network.
- 24/7 surveillance-grade hard drive: Was pre-installed right inside the NVR. It secures the users to back up any footage they like to the internal hard drive at the same as your video recording.
- Pentaplex function: Includes viewing, recording, playback, backup and remotely controlling the whole system.
- Immediate USA storage: Comes from all of the live videos from your chosen camera
- Weatherproof cameras: Benefit both outdoor and indoor setup.
- Glare-resistant capability: Guarantees much clearer images under the powerful lighting conditions.
- Digital noise reduction: Produces clear and precise images.
- PC-and-Mac compatible for more flexible usage.
- Dual outputs, such as VGA and HDMI, which can help connect different monitors.
- Handy panel button controls on the front.
- The 3-step remote viewing experience is available with the FLIR Cloud platform.
- Immediate email alerts along with some snapshot attachments.
- Durable and solid metal housing.
- Highly versatile wall-mounting choices to make.
- Basic and easy installation of video recording and power on CẠTe cable via the PoE.
Let’s protect your asset and business with higher confidence by the use of this professional surveillance camera system from Lorex. You can set up these security cameras and get them to work in no time with the help of the PoE. This is an advanced technology that typically avails one cable to power up all cameras and transmit the footage at the same time.
- Super clear images: At 5.0 Megapixels 1920p HD and high-definition 2592x1920p (2K) videos. This is much higher than a conventional HD 1080x720p cameras.
- Easy and simple setup: Goes with one single network cable, a built-P2P service, and IP cameras.
- Day and night full monitoring: Each bullet or dome cameras would house the premium IR LEDs inside of it. Each of them is capable of recording more than 196ft (bullet) or 80ft (Dome).
- Manual Zoom Varifocal MP HD lens: Enable you to control the angle of your view (98 – 22 degrees) and offer you plenty of range than other cameras thanks to its fixed lens. A tinier lens can display a shorter distance of view and a wider angle of view. Meanwhile, a bigger lens enables for a much longer distance yet a narrower field of your view.
- Convenient network viewing: Supports your distant view via smartphones, 3G mobile phones with each of these systems, such as Mac, iPhone, Vista, 7, 8, 9, 10, Android, Window XP.
This could bring you a whole new world, especially when the quality of your footages and images feel so fantastic. They’re almost high-definition to the eyeballs. Besides, the Gw Security surveillance system have the plug-and-play design, making the whole installation much easier than ever. So feel free to add more cameras for greater coverage, and the camera’s adjustments won’t be limiting at all. And you can adjust how much the wide-angle or zoom-in as you like for any particular area.
- High flexibility: With 4 8CH sPoE repeaters to link all cameras together and let you set up them in your favorite places. For the 32CH NVR, it can support more than 8 1080p cameras thanks to its up-to-date firmware version. Feel free to upgrade it to the Zmodo App.
- Simple PoE: It means each camera will link to one repeater through one cable only to transmit data and power. Besides, this also allows for a DIY setup without asking you to set up any wire. View the superb clear 720p HD live clip every day and night with the night vision.
- IP65 weatherproof: Enable you to install them anywhere you desire.
- Immediate motion notifications: Give you the important alerts and even a brief video clip once any motion is spotted. Also, it’s possible to have your areas customized for motion detection, or simply make alert schedules for minimizing unexpected alerts.
- Expand your storage: The smart recording of your NVR will help boost the HDD backup space by compressing any recorded videos once no motion gets caught up.
With Zmodo NVR security camera system, you can securely monitor the business at night clearly thanks to its IR night vision sensor. It can be adjusted as you wish if you want to determine what kind of lighting environment really is. Even in the low-light area, you still view the color image from your footage.
- New H.265 Video compression: Helps you save more space for your data and videos by going through your files and eliminate any unnecessary one.
- Manual zoom varifocal lens: Enables you to set your favorite view angle and degree of zoom manually. You can adjust from 22 – 115-degree wide angle and the view up to 120ft.
- Weatherproof: Are specially designed to protect themselves from dust and moisture when used outdoors. They will prevent any damage to the internal parts of the cameras.
- Simple Ethernet installation: Comes with one single network cable.
- Built-in network with an IP address: Is given to each surveillance camera, getting rid of all hassles of a complicated security camera system.
- Motion detection and important alerts: Will leave you the peace of mind when you’re away from home or business.
As compared with the H.264, GW Security 32 Channel H.265 has more extensive capabilities, especially when it comes to the bandwidth and transmission. Everything is improved for sure, but more than that; you enjoy more features from the system, such as the ultra HD image quality with low bandwidth and the doubled-up data compression.
SAVE 15% used code
- Surveillance monitoring: Only captures the key moments and proofs once any event occurs on your asset.
- 8.51 Megapixel image sensor: Can help record 4K resolution videos and offer you the sharpest video clips than ever. This means you’ll get the highest details that you desire.
- Live viewing and monitoring: Take place from anywhere you want as long as you connect to your smartphone or PC.
- Simpler PoE setup: Goes with other customized NVR settings to make your monitoring experience more fascinating.
- Weather-resistant housing: Is made of the metal materials to guarantee the durable operation.
Lorex 4K surveillance system this time can cover up every angle with 16 cameras 8MP. And these security cameras come with the 4K recording and monitoring resolution. These features let you view your large house, business, and property in clarity as well as protect them from other trespassers.
Is It Important To Consider The Brand Or Company Before Buying A Security System?
Before purchasing a best surveillance system, you should do a little background information on the company and the brand they are selling. Below are some of the things you should check.
Find out if the only deal in security products or if it is a side business for them.
You should know how long the company has been in business.
If the company’s technical support is in-house or by a foreign call center
While looking for a security system to purchase, you should keep the questions above in mind and get answered since it is your family’s safety. Never buy cheap security camera system because they may not work as they are expected to. You have to be careful while purchasing your security surveillance system and ensure you buy the best one.
Keeping safety in mind, you should always choose the best home security camera system that will give the best results and not be considering the price. It is a fact that if you spend more, the better the quality of your home surveillance system.
Buying Guide is dedicated to helping you find all the information you need for home, office or for business surveillance systems, including many of today’s top brands, such as Amcrest, Lorex, LaView, Swann, GW Security, Q-See, Reolink camera systems to name just a few.
Different Types Of Security Cameras
It does not matter why you want a video surveillance at your house, be it to keep an eye on your kids or just to make sure your family can rest easy at night. The best type of a home security system begins with cameras. It is practically the same within a business or company environment. The main reason as with a residential system for a security system is to deter thieves. But there are other reasons like to make your customers feel safe or to check what your employees are up to during business hours. Below is a list of different types of security cameras and will give you an idea on how to choose right a best Security Camera System.
Bullet Surveillance Cameras
It is the cheapest camera you can purchase. It is usually cylindrical or rectangular and can be put on a wall by using a mounting arm. They are easily seen. Bullet cameras do not have remote movement, and you manually adjust them to give you the coverage you are looking for.
Dome Surveillance Cameras
They are dome-shaped, and the camera has a dome cover. The advantage of dome cameras is that they are difficult to destroy and are a better deterrent to would-be thieves. Such cameras can be in use either outdoor or indoor, and some have motion detection or use infra-red technology to offer better security overnight.
Pan Tilt Zoom Surveillance Camera
It is usually abbreviated as PTZ. These cameras are often used for the commercial purpose if you want to secure a warehouse area or large store. It can zoom and tilt to get a good look and is fitted with a high-resolution lens, so picture and video quality are not affected when it zooms in.
Due to their compact size, you cannot get better image quality, but the main thing of such a camera is you cannot see it when it is installed.
2k/4k security cameras
They are the best kind of cameras to use if you want to provide evidence of any suspicious activity you have on camera. While they are readily available for both commercial and residential use, they cost a lot more than other cameras.
They are the best choice for most business premises. It ought to be connected to a computer because it does not store information it captures locally. The good thing about this option is that it is easy to monitor one or more cameras at the same time, and can be done in real time.
Simulated Dummy Camera
They are somewhat different to standard dummy cameras, and they look and act like the real thing. Such cameras are an inexpensive way of discouraging vandals, burglars and other types of undesirables around or in your property
A great security system is always made to meet your expectations and usually, work as a real-time deterrent. Before deciding on a surveillance system, you should read and try to get the features of different security camera systems and also read the customer reviews. The above information will guide you on “how to choose right the best surveillance systems?”
The best surveillance system is crucial to making you’re your home or business the safest place. Obviously, you will want to keep it that way for many years. You must be careful when choosing a surveillance system.
Purchasing a best surveillance system needs a lot of research, planning and careful thinking. You need to understand what you need a camera to do. You should also understand its capabilities. When you understand all this, you will quickly find the perfect surveillance system that you are looking for.
A good surveillance system should always work as a real-time deterrent and designed to meet your expectations. It should record everything and alert you at the right time. Before deciding to buy a particular surveillance system, try to understand all the features of security surveillance system. Consider all the best options discussed above, whether you want a surveillance system for outdoor or indoor, whether you want a wired or wireless system, this guide will help you find the best security system for home or business purposes.
When looking for a great security system, consider both negative and positive reviews of each surveillance system. Reviews will help you determine if a product is good for investment or not. You can also compare your current security system with new models, and that will help you know if you need an upgrade. The top brands mentioned above have all the best features that most people will love. Compare all the features and consider what you are looking for, and you will have the perfect surveillance system for you.
Each of the best surveillance systems above has unique strengths as well as weaknesses which might affect the overall score. You won’t find a product that is perfect in every category. However, this guide will help you get a surveillance system that meets all your requirements.
If you have some unwelcome visitors who could pose a big threat to your property, a security surveillance system will help! But how can you be so sure that you’ve just got the right surveillance system and you’re using it properly? To give you the insight into those concerns, we’ve made a checklist of most frequently asked questions below.
Question 1: How to install IP cameras for remote viewing?
Answer: You probably want your security system to watch over your assets from a distance. Not just yourself, but your family can also stream the camera on the Internet. In this case, you should learn more about the whole setup process before starting it out in reality. It would be a bit tricky, but you can choose one from these two methods of remote viewing:
Solution 1: View your IP cameras remotely via a security camera surveillance app
- Step 1: Download a security surveillance app (such as Reolink App/Client) and install it on your smartphones or computers.
- Step 2: Have the app launched and type the ID number to add the camera tool.
- Step 3: Click the camera and you’ll be able to view your IP camera online out of the LAN.
Solution 2: Establish IP camera remote viewing through the Port Forwarding
- Step 1: Locate the IP Address of your security camera
- Step 2: Check out the External IP Address of the router
- Step 3: Change your camera port number
- Step 4: Add the URL address
Question 2: Is it necessary to replace your present cameras to avail their system?
Answer: Most security surveillance camera systems, particularly Cloud systems which usually provide new features, arrive with a catch: You must use their cameras. In this case, do you have to throw out the current cameras and invest in the new ones? Well, doing so will double up the VMS cost for sure.
Try to consult the VMS provider whether they could support your camera brand and type or not. Apart from this, some specific questions should be made as well: Do they support your Analog cameras? Is it possible to mix and match for digital and analog cameras? Etc.
Question 3: Can we get a demo?
Answer: If you choose Sonitrol as a great source for your security idea, then it has several choices to make. But what makes us more comfortable with will be through a demo of the system. A reputable security firm will happily give you a demo, so don’t worry much about that. For instance, at Sonitrol, you can find out how things are working, from the recorders, apps to other security parts.
Question 4: What should we do to get the system installed? Is there any support needed?
Answer: Is there anything required for the complete installation after you buy the DVR/NVR and the cameras? Does it need any networking knowledge or router configuration? Here’s what you should do to get it installed properly:
- Lay out the cables to ensure them to reach your camera regions. If you see them a bit too short, then reconsider the camera layout or simply get more cable extenders.
- Hook up all cables to cameras and DVR.
- Install your camera mounts.
- Have your cameras attached to the mounts at a suitable position.
- Hook DVR to the router with the Ethernet cable for Internet connection. But a few DVRs still run wirelessly.
- If you like to view the cameras, just plug your DVR into your TV.
Question 5: What is the extra fee if you want longer recording or more cameras?
Answer: Some conventional DVR and NVR systems own a solid number of cameras they support. The first system needs to fit within the budget, but it’s more essential to learn more about the extra expense when you want to add another camera or one more day of storage beyond those limits.
The cost might escalate; for instance, if you’ve got the 16 camera system and then love to add one more camera, it’s necessary to purchase a new DVR.
Question 6: Should we need a hard drive with camera system?
Answer: Yes, sure enough. The hard drive (also known as the HDD) is the storage capacity of all your recorded data gained from the cameras. It can be found right inside your surveillance recorder. As you buy a hard drive with a recorder, the manufacturer will install it inside the camera unit at no extra fee.
Question 7: What will happen to my recorded footage on the HDD?
Answer: The units are often installed to overwrite the oldest footage once your HDD has come to its capacity. When you forget to back any footage you want to archive, then it’s surely lost. There’s no way to bring it back once it’s written over, so keep this in mind. To ensure that you’ve got enough storage, please avail the HDD calculator.
Question 8: Should we use IP system?
Answer: The IP camera needs a network for them to work on. If not, they would decrease the system’s performance. Besides, it’s more complicated to deal with. It might ask you a bit of knowledge in the Network Systems to make it function well.
Question 9: Can you tell me what an IR is?
Answer: The term “IR” stands for the Infrared and once linked to the security cameras, it will demand the camera to sense the IR illumination as well as to be equipped with the IRs. Also, IR (Infrared) is known as the spectrum of light at the end of our visibility. This technology has been availed in a great number of items, from TVs, remotes to sensors.
Question 10: Do the IRs from the cameras have any harmful effect on kids and other animals?
Answer: No, they don’t! The Infrared light here contains a lot of health benefits instead of harmful effects. The spectrum intensity that your IR camera releases is stated to be quite minute.
There won’t be any amount of exposure to those IRs that can trigger harm and illnesses to your kids and pets. Did you know that our bodies produce an IR wavelength via the heat signature?
Question 11: Could the camera be left unattended?
Answer: Yes, especially when you found some innovative choices in the system. That means you’re allowed to set the recorders to send notifications and alerts to you about everything. This can be done through motion, alarm, video masking, and more. With all of these features, once set it up, you can just come in a short time and then go away.
Question 12: Can somebody view my cameras?
Answer: Yes, when you’re setting up many users. It’s possible to delegate someone’s accessibility to your unit if you want. All the recorders and cameras will enable for multiple users as long as they have their login and usernames. They would be modified for limited access and some functions to each account.
But when you ask to open the accessibility to anybody, the answer would be NO. That’s because the unit guards against hacking and other unexpected accessibility.
Question 13: Why should we need the power supply for cameras?
Answer: The power supply is essential to offer the plentiful and enough amperage to power up your cameras. Except for the PoE, you might always need to have two kinds of cables that run to each camera. There’s one for the video signal while the other would be for power. Besides, the DVR won’t power any camera.
Question 14: Why can’t we have audio when reviewing our camera footages?
Answer: You’re required to have a microphone to record the audio. So, if you have bought and installed the microphone the right way, then ensure the audio to be enabled in the recorder. With the right click on the mouse: Main Menu > Settings > Encode. In this display, you need to make sure that the right channel is chosen and your audio box gets highlighted.
Question 15: Should we purchase a pre-made camera system or the separate items?
Answer: It’s based on the kind of system you’d like to set up. For every use, buying a full security surveillance system will be the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to go. Another great way is buying a basic security camera system but then add option whenever you need.
Hopefully, these 15 questions and corresponding answers about security surveillance systems would be helpful to you. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave them in the box below. We’ll answer them as soon as we can. Thank you readers to read the article best surveillance system reviews!