Table of Contents
As the needs for security grow, there are more and more developments in the home surveillance technology with many products boasting cutting-edge features to aid you in protecting both your home and business. To help you get started, we will give you a close look at the Zmodo Full HD 1080p Security Camera System review.
Prominent Features of Zmodo Full HD 1080p Security Camera System
Despite being in a small body, the Zmodo camera packs quite a lot of advanced technologies that set it apart from its competitors. Of course, it is certainly not perfect in every way, and we don’t claim that it is equipped with everything the security industry had to offer. But the device does well its mission – and some more:
1080p Image Quality
Being a surveillance system, the clearer the cameras’ recordings are, the more relief you would be when you finally need to browse through its images. Zmodo packs sensors that are capable of recording 1080p Full HD quality – rivaling the picture quality of the majority of average consumer-grade televisions. Pictures are crisp and sharp, allowing you to see even the smallest details in its field of view.
Infrared Night Vision
Most of the time when recording, the dark is the perfect cover for unfortunate things to happen. Being equipped with an infrared lighting system, Zmodo is able to cast a piercing view, even at zero lighting condition. The IR settings are adjustable, so you can always modify the sensitivity of your system to receive the best picture quality as possible through the cameras.
Another great feature of Zmodo Full HD 1080p is the set of a speaker and an anti-noise microphone. You can actually use the system as a communication device, to either record visually and auditory the happenstance in your business or household, but also to communicate with those in the area. For example, telling your children to do their homework once you caught them watching TV in the living room for far longer than you wanted, especially when you’re away from home.
In the past, surveillance systems need two cables: An Ethernet cable to transmit the data to the Network Video Recorder (NVR) and a power cord for power feeding. But Zmodo ingeniously combined the two together to save you from the hassle of installing, and now the singular cord would transmit both power and data to and from the system.
Storage Optimization and Smart Recording
Zmodo’s cameras feature a motion sensor that allows it to optimize the size of video recordings dramatically. Continuous recording, especially at Full HD, can tax out a high-capacity disk drive in hours, let alone over-night or 24/7. Therefore, the system is designed to compress the footage when no motion is detected in its field of view. However, once it does, the cameras will kick into overdrive and record their nominal 25 frames per second (FPS) to give you the most high-fidelity view.
The system is equipped with a 1TB hard drive, which is quite large for video storage. But relying entirely on a physical NVR can be tiresome since it really depends on the capacity of your recorder. Luckily, if you subscribe to EZCam Pro service, you will give your system the ability to upload its footages into the company’s servers – saving you storage capacity and reducing false alarms through the Cloud intelligence.
Easy Zmodo App
Simply put, you don’t need a full-blown security console or computer to access the system. Instead, you can directly control the entire system through your smartphone with the Easy Zmodo App and manually set it up the way you want from your mobile device.
What We Like
- Full HD footage quality – crystal and sharp recordings at 1080 pixel
- Night vision through IR lighting – recording at night is no longer a problem
- Hybrid connection design – reducing installation cost and complexity (plug and play, technically)
- Be equipped with everything you might need in the process of installation, including cables, mounts, NVR, etc.
- Smart recording mode for storage saving
- Be integrated with Cloud storage service
- Be controlled through mobile devices
- Simple-to-use app: No need for technical knowledge (such as port-forwarding).
What We Don’t Like
- In spite of featuring an IR lighting system, it is not the best in its class. Past 30 feet and it’ll begin to lose its sharpness. But this is a universal problem for most IR-based surveillance systems, anyway.
- Little instructions and camera specs. Don’t be surprised if you opened the box not knowing how and where to put the camera so that they’d be most optimized. Personally, we think this drawback can give you a pointer: If you have an area in your house to view in the night with great accuracy and details, try to move the camera to some 30 feet radius or closer to it.
- Beware of ‘Standard’ (SD) definition. While it may feel tempting, especially if you have a small-capacity hard drive, or you want to save some space and decrease the overall quality of the footage. The ‘SD’ recording option will degrade your footage to the point that you wouldn’t be able to recognize a face which is about a dozen feet away from your camera.
As we said, the Zmodo Full HD 1080p Security Camera System is not perfect on every count. And that is expected in the first place: No security system is perfect, and so, always needs to be improved. Zmodo security camera system, with lots of great features, might be really worth your investment for long-term use. From our point of view, it is one of the best surveillance systems you can get on the market right now, especially at its price point. It’s time to make your own decision!
As always, thank you for reading our Zmodo Full HD 1080p Security Camera System review. We’ll see you soon!
Product Features - 9.5/109.5/10
Quality Product - 9.5/109.5/10
Warranty & Support - 9.2/109.2/10
Easy Setup & Used - 9.6/109.6/10
Upgrade & Update - 9.6/109.6/10